The mission of the WorkAbility IV (WA-IV) program is to provide support through enhanced career preparation services to California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) students with disabilities that are clients of the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) that assists them in overcoming barriers, obtaining gainful employment within their academic major and job retention.
To participate in WorkAbility IV, you must be:
1. A CSUSB student/alumni with a documented permanent disability,
2. A United States citizen or permanent resident, and
3. A consumer of the State of California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR).
For students interested in becoming DOR Clients, contact WorkAbility IV to meet with a DOR Counselor on campus to determine your program eligibility.
Summary of Services
- Career Exploration
- Labor Market Research
- Résumé writing and Cover Letter Development
- Job Search Skills, Strategies, and Resources
- Preparation for Job Fairs and Campus Interviews
- Networking and Personal Brand Development
- Job Leads and Placements
- Federal Employment Advising (Schedule A and Workforce Recruitment Program)
- Information about Disclosure, Disability Rights, and Accommodations (Americans with Disabilities Act)