Established in 1993, WorkAbility IV's (WAIV's) goal is to provide our students with the intellectual and emotional skills necessary to achieve their career goals. This will be accomplished by the individual student’s involvement with academic planning and their involvement with developing skills necessary to obtain future employment.
Prospective or current students who are also clients of the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) are eligible. Joining WAIV allows California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) to exchange information with the Department of Rehabilitation.
How the Program Works
It requires students to fully participate in events and meetings with the WAIV staff which will lead
to future employment.
The WAIV staff at CSUSB has two functions: to offer academic advisement and to offer career advisement and preparation.
Within Education Services students may receive help with…
- Financial Aid
- Referrals to SSD for disability eligibility and related accommodations and services
- Course Advising
- Connection to on-campus services
For career advisement and preparation with Employment Services students may receive help with…
- Students are trained to use assistive technology specific to their disability in order to prepare for success in the work environment. Students are offered individual assessment and classroom instruction in assistive computer technology.
- WAIV educates the employment community to ensure successful transition into the employment market.
- Students are provided disability management.
- Students receive coaching in job readiness and job search skills to secure employment.
- Students acquire work experience during their academic career in the form of internships and volunteer job placements.
- Students are coached through the job search process.
- Students gain an understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, an awareness of their rights, and an enhanced sense of self-esteem.
News and Events
Check out CSUSB WAIV on Facebook!